Translate

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Sneak Peek

Since February I've been trying to finish a quilt and create a new quilt pattern. I designed the quilt while teaching my workshop at Asilomar Conference Grounds in CA. The background is pieced squares, what a surprise. The flowers can be embroidered or appliqued, your choice!  The pattern will be ready to go to press, as soon as the quilt is finished and photographed.

Yesterday I finished quilting the piece, blocked it and trimmed the edges in preparation for the binding. My cat Oreo found the quilt resting on my cutting table and decided she really liked it. She rolled on it, sat on it, and took a bath on it.  She really wanted to spend the rest of the afternoon on it!
Oreo on the new quilt
What is it about cats with new or clean quilts?

So now you have a little peek at my newest quilt and future pattern, Purple Iris. If Oreo ever gets off the quilt, I'll bind it, then photograph the finished piece. Eventually it will go to the printers. I'll let you know when it's done. This design will be perfect for spring.

In the meantime, enjoy the last few days of September.

Ann

1 comment:

geni said...

Oreo looks wonderful, as does the quilt.