Translate

Monday, December 20, 2010

A Piece of Fine Literature from Racine WI

I'm tired of talking about quilts and design problems.  This post is a change of pace.

From time to time, something tickles my fancy. Being the mother of 2 boys my life involved baseball cards, airplanes, automobiles, hockey and soccer games.  The only thing I had that was feminine was our cat, and the bathroom in my studio was painted pink. The literature I read to my kids involved things like Planes, Trains and Automobiles. There was no Cinderella or Snow White read in this house.

The other day, this little poem was in the newspaper and it made me chuckle.  This is for your holiday enjoyment!  Read on............

Ode to a Car Part
by Michael Burke, Journal Times Business Reporter
December 19, 2010
Published by permission of the author

When the snow is so hard it squeaks under my heel
And the cold is so sharp that my feet I can't feel.
When my car's caked with road salt and looks like a beater,
I climb in and switch on my car-seat heater.

At this time of year it's a butt-saving feature
A great rear-end melter for all living creatures
In no time at all, heat flows up from the chair
Thawing and roasting this boy's derriere.

When temperatures dive, and the air feels like ice
To sit on a bun-warmer is ever so nice
When cars stick in snowdrifts, and people must push
There's nothing like feeling that warmth in the tush.

The computer and asphalt are both great inventions
Likewise the glue stick and ladder extensions
The wheel was a wonder, but to be a repeater,
Can anything top the toasty car-seat heater?

2 comments:

Laura Wasilowski said...

Thanks for the chuckle!

California Fiber artist and composer said...

I love my warm car seat even in Southern California